This video appeared in Electronic Design and has been published here with permission.
Check out more of our CES 2023 coverage.
A partnership between Elekrobit and Airbiquity resulted in EB cadian, a solution that can provide cloud software updates for multiple electronic control units (ECUs) or different in-vehicle networks (see figure). The system provides secure and reliable updates to address post-production feature enhancement, bug fixes, as well as improve vehicle performance.
Elektrobit support includes these automotive platforms:
- EB cadian Sync: Secure OTA software updates
- EB corbos ADG: Adaptive AUTOSAR platform
- EB corbos Linux: Automotive Linux
These POSIX-based systems provide the framework to build ECUs for automotive and transportation solutions. They support connectivity to different back ends.
Airbiquity provides the client and cloud management system:
- OTAmatic: Securely orchestrates and automates OTA updates from the cloud
- OTAmatic Client: Receives and transfers software updates from the OTAmatic back end to EB cadian Sync
The client connects to the cloud and to the ECUs. The OTAmatic management platform connects to the back-end libraries.